The NDP-Green coalition has totally failed the resource industries that are the bedrock of our economy, leaving Interior and Northern communities adrift in the face of serious threats to our way of life.
And look no further than their botched mountain caribou plan, a string of devastating mill closures, and obstruction of safe, much-needed pipelines.
Revenue from the resource sector is declining, with forestry revenue dropping over 40% since 2018. It is expected to fall 12.5% in 2020/2021 due to the impacts of lower stumpage rates and logging tax revenue with a steady decline on average of 3.3% annually over the following two years.
- 150 weeks of mill closures to date
- 39 communities affected and many more indirectly impacted
- 1.7 billion board feet of production lost and counting
- 125 thousand tonnes of pulp production lost and counting
- 10 mills closed or shutdown indefinitely (4 closed, 6 indefinite)
- Over 6,000 direct jobs impacted by curtailments/closures/shift reductions
- 56 individual plant locations affected
Concrete solutions put forward by the BC Liberals have been ignored or delayed by an NDP government that just doesn’t seem to care.
BC can do so much better.
A BC Liberal government led by Andrew Wilkinson will stand up proudly for BC’s resource industries. We are the only party standing up for rural BC, and the way of life that the NDP have written off and walked away from.
That’s what Opportunity for all of BC is all about.
If you agree, please show your support with a contribution of $5 today.