PREMIER CHRISTY CLARK - PROTECTING BC’S INTERESTS
They’re fighting to ensure that B.C.’s interests are protected on heavy oil pipelines like the proposed Northern Gateway.
Christy Clark's government has released a principled position on heavy oil pipelines, setting out five minimum requirements that must be met before B.C. will consider lending its support to a heavy oil pipeline across the province.The five minimum requirements are:
- Successful completion of the environmental review process.
- World-leading marine oil spill response, prevention and recovery systems for B.C.'s coastline.
- World-leading practices for land oil spill prevention, response and recovery systems.
- Legal requirements regarding Aboriginal and treaty rights are addressed, and First Nations are provided with the necessary opportunities, information and resources.
- British Columbia receives a fair share of the fiscal and economic benefits of a proposed heavy oil project.
Read more HERE.
Watch this video of the Premier on CBC News.