What We Believe
The BC Liberal Party believes that British Columbians can thrive if we stay united. We believe that government must help create a strong economy to provide a foundation for the diverse families that call our province home. We are a free enterprise party that is committed to open government.
The BC Liberal government’s work is guided by a focus on three key priorities.
That government must promote private sector job creation and competitiveness. This means:
- providing a solid foundation with fiscal prudence and a commitment to balanced budgets
- ensuring government enhances – not impairs – the ability of business, particularly small business, to create jobs
- expanding trade for BC products, particularly to Asia
That government must put families first in all decision-making. This means:
- making life a little more affordable for everyday families
- keeping our commitments to senior citizens
- protecting our environment and staying committed to clean air and clean water
- making sure our health care system is second to none and that health care is sustainable for future generations
- keeping families and communities safe by fighting crime
- strengthening public education so students are prepared for the jobs of tomorrow
That BC must lead in the area of open government. This means:
- we have the most comprehensive “open data” platform of any province in Canada
- the Premier holds regular open town hall meetings across BC to hear from citizens
- we use new technology, such as social media, to give British Columbians more ways to make their voices heard
These three ideals overlap in every decision we make and every policy we create.