2012 BC LIBERAL OPEN CONVENTION
The BC Liberal Open Convention is taking place this October 26th and 27th at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Read an invite from Premier Christy Clark here.
Festivities begin on Thursday, October 25th with a "Convention-Eve" reception. We encourage delegates to arrive early to meet up with others from around B.C., meet special guests, and hit the ground running on Friday.
Convention formally begins on the morning of Friday, October 26th, including a breakfast hosted by the Women's Network and other formal party business.
That afternoon is devoted to "Free Enterprise Friday" where BCLP delegates will be joined by non-members to discuss important policy issues facing the province. There will be guest speakers, a variety of policy sessions and a "Unity Dinner" to cap off the day and hospitality suites to enjoy the night.
The BCLP Convention will resume Saturday, October 27th with the annual Caucus Breakfast, policy sessions, Cabinet Accountability town halls, Campaign College and will then finish with the Premier's keynote address and the Club 300 reception.
HOTEL ROOM BOOKING
BCYL CONVENTION PACKAGE
- Regular fee: $275
- Regular fee (Club 300 & 2013 Election Club discount): $250
- Youth fee (25 & under): $50
Thursday, October 25th
- 2:00: Registration Opens
- 6:00 - 7:00: Photos with Premier Christy Clark
- 6:30 - 8:30: Convention-eve Reception – ticketed evening event hosted by the Premier and the BC Liberal Cabinet.
Friday, October 26th (Registration open all day)
- 7:30 - 8:45: Women’s Network Breakfast – ticketed event (full plated breakfast)
- 9:00 - 10:45: Official Opening & Party Business
- 11:00 - 12:00: Free Enterprise Friday - Opening session
- 12:30 - 2:30: Concurrent policy sessions - purchase of a box lunch available
- 2:45 - 3:15: Committee of the Whole
- 3:15 - 5:00: Free Enterprise Friday - Closing session
- 5:15 - 5:45: Provincial Council
- 6:00 - 7:00: BCYL AGM
- 7:00 - 9:00: ‘Unity Dinner’ – ticketed event - a variety of food selections will be available at serving stations throughout the ballroom
- Hospitality Suites
Saturday, October 27th (Registration open until 11AM)
- 7:30 - 8:045 Caucus Breakfast (ticketed $35)
- 9:00 - 10:00: Cabinet Accountability
- 10:00 - 11:00: Photos with the Premier
- 10:15 - 12:30: Policy Plenary
- 1:15 - 2:30: Campaign Overview
- 2:45 - 3:45: Campaign Training sessions
- 4:00 - 5:00: Premier’s Keynote
- 5:00 - 5:30: Conclusion of Convention
- 5:30 - 6:30: Club 300 Reception
- Hospitality Suites
TRANSPORTATION TO WHISTLER
Here are some helpful links to different companies that offer transportation to Whistler.
Or, try out BC Liberal ride-share link HERE.